Admissions for children with an Educational Health Care Plan


Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education Health Care Plan that names a school will be offered place without using the admission criteria and will count as part of the school’s published admission number.


Manor Beach Primary: School Offer

It is recognised that all children may have educational special needs at some time in their primary education. It is the policy of Manor Beach Primary School to actively encourage the involvement of staff, parents and pupils in identifying and addressing the needs of any such children as early as possible.

Our  policy is to make full and efficient use of the all staff employed in the school to raise the achievement of all pupils including those with special educational needs.

Miss Davies is the Special Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator .

You can contact Miss Davies via the school office or email: senco@manorbeach.lancs.sch.uk 

Miss Binns in the designated Mental Health Lead. 

Special needs are met in an inclusive setting in Manor Beach Primary School wherever possible, but withdrawal into smaller teaching groups is also practised. Some individuals may have Education Health and Care Plans in place (previously known as statements).

The Educational Psychologist supports the school to assess children’s needs and provide advice. Lancashire’s Children’s and Family Well Being Service can offer support and advice for children with emotional, social, and mental health difficulties. There are close links with health services, such as speech therapists and occupational health. Advisory teacher input is sought when appropriate.

Manor Beach Primary School makes every effort to welcome and accommodate disabled pupils, and to provide appropriate facilities. All pupils are treated equally, regardless of disability, race, gender or religion.

SEND means ‘Special Educational Need and Disability’. Children learn at different rates. Many pupils, at some time during their school career, will experience difficulties which may impact upon their rate of learning; these may be long or short term. A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for them. A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if they:


  • have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age;
  • have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age.

Children with SEND have needs that fall into broad areas of need. The categories of SEND that provision is made for in our school are:

Communication and Interaction

  • Speech, Language and Communication Need (SLCN)
  • Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)

Cognition and Learning

  • Moderate Learning difficulties (MLD)
  • Specific Learning difficulties (SpLD)

Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties

  • Behavioural, emotional and social difficulties (BESD)

Sensory and/or Physical Needs

  • Visual impairment (VI)
  • Hearing impairment (HI)
  • Multi-sensory impairment (MSI)
  • Physical Difficulties (PD)

Talk to us.

If you feel that your child may have SEND then you should ask to speak to your child’s class teacher. Your child’s class teacher may also feel that it would be helpful to have the SENCO attend the meeting. The school closely monitors all children. If the attainment of your child is below the range expected we will put in place some additional support to help remove barriers to learning. With consultation, your child will be placed on the SEN register. This will enable us to monitor your child and their progress more quickly.